Continuing Professional Education is an imperative for today’s clinicians. The paradigm has shifted to focus
on a life time of learning and beyond basic and graduate education. The MedEDirect Faculty Resource Center
is to assist and support you in providing effective learner-centered instructional activities. These resources
provide guidance in developing instruction that leads to clinical practice improvement and that complies with
the Essentials and Standards of the recognized accreditation organizations. Think of the resources presented
here as tools for developing your personal effectiveness as faculty for continuing education.
Dear MedEDirect Faculty:
We appreciate your interest and investment of time.
The major paradigm shifts of today’s continuing education are:
You can see that the challenge for continuing education faculty is significant.
For MedEDirect to fulfill its mission, we need your ‘buy in” and attention to these trends and principles.
- Placing the focus on the clinician learner and engaging the learner in the instructional process.
- Developing learning activities that aim at improvement in practice.
- Distinct separation of promotion of commercial products and services from education.
- Moving beyond superficial learning of facts to activities that stimulate application and behavior changes in clinical practice.
- The effective use of media and instructional technologies.
- Analysis of learners’ needs and closing the gaps between “best practices” and average practice standards.
- Presentation of evidence-based content.
Again, thank you for your participation!
T. F. Zimmerman, PhD
Interested in co-sponsoring an Event with MedEDirect?
If you are interested in collaborating with us, please click here to provide us with information on how best to reach you.